Thursday, May 30, 2013

Back from China: Return to Cyberspace

I can't believe the month of May is almost over!  The time has flown since my return from China.  It's taken me a long time to get over the jetlag.

Trip was awesome!  Back with even greater appreciation for how much there is still to learn about tea. There's a Chinese proverb that goes something like this...

                 "Reading ten thousand books is not as useful as traveling ten thousand miles."  

Reading a book can tell you how steep the mountains will be, how fresh and sweet the air is in a valley of tea fields, but until you've been there, it's just not the same.  But I'm happy to report that I've been there!

Everyone's asking "can I see your photos"?  Hey, I want to see them too!  I'm working hard at it and I've only made it through half so far!   So, here's a few samples to show some highlights...an appetizer of sorts.

(Image: Donna Sikora)
(Image: Master Zhou)


Master Zhou







(Image: Michaelle McLean)
That's it for now.  Stay tuned, more to come soon!

4 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a fantastic trip. I'm really looking forward to reading more about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicole, it was! I'm excited to share more tea adventures!

      Delete
  2. Lovely pictures Rita! I especially look forward to hearing more about Yixing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda! Yixing was great, can't wait to start posting about it.

      Delete